"Amedeo Lia" Civic Museum
Via Prione, 234 - 19121 - La Spezia - Italy
Tel. 0039/187 731100
Fax. 0039/187 731408
How to get here
The museum is situated in a pedestrian precinct and there is thus no access for cars and coaches.
For those arriving by coach:
Come off the La Spezia motorway (A12) exit and follow the road signs for the centre.
We advise you to go along Viale Italia (the seaside road), then Viale Amendola, then turn right into Via dei Mille and make a temporary stop in Piazza Cavour to let the passengers off. The coach can then be parked in Viale Fieschi (the “A. Picco” Stadium area). Visitors can reach the museum on foot from Piazza Cavour by going along Via dei Mille as far as Via Prione. The “A. Lia” Museum is situated at number 234 of Via Prione.
For those arriving by car:
Come off the La Spezia motorway (A12) exit and you will see a large free car park, Park Palaspezia, near the Palazzetto dello Sport (Sport Palace). You can leave your car here and take a shuttle - descent only - to the town centre. Get off at the next-to- last stop and go up Via Prione; you will find the museum at No. 234 of this street.
For those arriving by train:
From La Spezia railway station, walk down Via Prione towards the sea for about 10 minutes; the museum is at No. 234 of Via Prione.
The museum is open Tues-Sun 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Closed on Mondays (except Easter Monday), 1st Jan, 15 Aug and 25 Dec.
The ticket office closes at 5.30 p.m.
• Full-price ticket € 7.00 / exhibition: € 10.00
• Discounted ticket € 4.50 / exhibition € 7.00
- Groups from 7 to 25 people;
- Teenagers from 14 to 18 years of age;
- University students not entitled to free admission;
- Beneficiaries of special agreements
• Special discounted ticket € 3.50 / exhibition: € 5.00
- citizens over 70 years of age;
- school groups from outside the Province of La Spezia;
- children from 6 to 13 years of age.
• Free ticket:
-university students enrolled in the faculties of Architecture, Letters and Philosophy or the Fine Arts Academy, or attending schools of specialisation or doctorates in these same disciplinary areas;
-leaders of organised or school groups;
- residents in the Borough of La Spezia on the first Sunday of every even month, on 19 March and 3 Dec;
- people with birthdays on the same day as their museum visit .
• Through ticket: €12.00. This allows you to visit the adjacent Seals Museum, the Castle of San Giorgio, the Ethnographic/Diocesan Museum and the CAMeC modern art museum besides the “Amedeo Lia” museum within 72 hours of purchase.
VISIT WITH AUDIOVIDEOGUIDE:
• 1 Audiovideoguide € 4,00
• 2 Audiovideoguides € 6,00
• 3 Audiovideoguides € 8,00
Earphone € 1,00
• School groups €30.00 / exhibition: € 50.00
• Tourist groups € 50.00 (additional fee for guided tours in spanish and german) / exhibition: € 70.00
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT :
Cash, bank cheque, Bancomat, Credit card (VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS, CARTASI, BANCA AMERICARD, EUROCARD-MASTERCARD, DINER'S CLUB, VISA ELECTRON, EDC MAESTRO).
For the safety of the works and the convenience of visitors, the latter are asked to deposit medium and large baggage and umbrellas in the cloakroom at the reception.
It is not permitted
It is not permitted to use flash or tripods, to smoke inside the various areas of the museum, or to touch the works. If you wish to have pictures of the works of art, to take professional photos or make professional audiovisuals or videos, please apply to the Director’s office, calling 0039/187 731100 or emailing a formal request to
Hiring of museum rooms
At the discretion of the Executive Board, the Lia Museum hires out some of its rooms for cultural activities linked to art history.
For information and to make specific arrangements call 0039/187 731100